Monday, July 7, 2008

Ode to Daddy

Proverbs 7:19
For my husband is not at home; he has gone on a long journey....

Okay, Okay, I know. I totally took this verse out of context. Way, way out of context. But I read proverbs with the calendar and today, yes, is the 7th. Today Jason took the youth of our church to Florida to a great youth conference. RYM to be exact in Panama City.

My oldest and I woke before 6 to say goodbye to our special guy. Ella, my oldest, is her daddy's girl. To be honest, all our kids are daddy's kids, I'm a Jason girl myself. Words fail me now trying to explain what an amazing dad Jason is. I understood it, without words, today as I had to carry my weeping 7 year old inside after he left today.

Missing Jason acutely reminds me of the many large and small blessing my husband is to me. I am rich beyond all measure with the love of this man. He makes my coffee for me everyday, he prays for us constantly, the Lords kindness directs him, his affection is constant, his patience endless. My husbands love humbles me and continually shows me the love of the Lord. He wears so many hats: husband, dad, pastor, teacher, student, and I never, never feel second. I could go on and on, but I am so thankful for Jason. I can barely do this for a week without him. I'm thankful the Lord created marriage.

No comments:

A place to find encouragement to love your little ones, your husbands and those you come in contact with daily. Two does not have to be terrible. These are years to grow not simply get through!