Thursday, July 17, 2008

Clutter.....

Proverbs 17:17
A friend loves at all times

Is clutter alive? I certainly feels like it is. It seems to grow in my house, my heart, and my children. Where does it all come from? And what is it's plan. I think it has come to distract, steal peace, and cause me to be weary about hospitality.

My plan this week to get it out of my life and house!

1. Pray, pray, pray.
2. Remember kindness. No frantic, unkind mommy moments.
3. Remember kindness.
4. Take water, potty and play breaks and book breaks.
5. Once the clutter is gone, come up with a plan to keep it that way.
6. Get homeschool room together. More school room, less play room.
7. Spend extended time alone searching my heart for the priorities that have cluttered my heart and distracted my walk with the Lord.
8. Tackle my bedroom. NO more lost laundry in my room..(this will be the hardest for me)
9. Really do #8.
10. Enjoy the freedom of clutter by having a new family for dinner, not to show off, but to motivate me why I'm doing this in the first place.

I really enjoy having families in my home. I love sharing about family worship and talking about issues of the heart around my table. I have gotten away from this in the business of doing so many other things that seem important. In the end, I feel like my ministry is around my table. I need to make this a priority, and I need to say no to the things that I am not called to do.

What clutter has grown in your life? What things are on your calendar out of obligation rather than being led by the Holy Spirit. Who do you see suffering in your life from your overcommitment? Or what? Is your laundry room in chaos, or are you eating out too much because you are too busy? When were you together around your table last? I hope to be there tonight after I fight all the clutter, in my house, heart, and on my calendar.

Lastly, when this is all done... I really want to paint my dining room table black. That will be my reward. It will be my crafty motivation.

No comments:

A place to find encouragement to love your little ones, your husbands and those you come in contact with daily. Two does not have to be terrible. These are years to grow not simply get through!