Thursday, July 24, 2008

Love, Warmth, and What's Important

Proverbs 24:3,4
By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; by knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches.

It's Thursday, and I'm a little closer than I was before. My laundry is mostly done, and I actually put it in the drawers. My kitchen is clean, but I need to empty the dishwasher. The playroom is played out, but I'm waiting until the wedding to get it finished. I could chase them around the house with toys, but, alas, they play and I can clean.

This morning we had a dance party in the living room. Dance party trumps everything in my home. It is the stuff of precious and pleasant riches in our house. Story time, snuggle time, dancing, cooking together, eating are where the Lord displays His love through us. My stuff is not fancy, my house not perfectly decorated, but our door is ever open and I hope what can be found inside is pleasant and precious. We offer friendship, love and Jesus.

As I write, Ella is on my left, Harper on my right and Lake keeps coming up to play with mouse, then falling back on the couch. The nearness of the Lord is my good. The nearness of my family is precious.

I haven't given up on getting the house in order. I do think a good system will allow more of the above mentioned activities. So, sweet reader, I will continue this morning. Today, one bathroom, mopped floors, clean kitchen, and more order in the laundry room. And my room, it's much better. Jason helped...

No comments:

A place to find encouragement to love your little ones, your husbands and those you come in contact with daily. Two does not have to be terrible. These are years to grow not simply get through!