Thursday, February 10, 2011

Jeremiah Love

The book of Jeremiah has been such an encouragment and comfort to me. I'm not really sure what drew me to it, but I think it may have been the Holy Spirit. It has been sad with me and offered me much needed promises. Someone recently told me Jeremiah was known as the weeping prophet and that he did not see one turned heart in the entirety of his ministry. Bless him.

Jeremiah 31:31-34
"Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the housse of Israel and the house of Judah, not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant that they broke, though I was their husband, declares the Lord. But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their god, and they shall be my people. and no longer shall each one teach his neighbor and ech his brother saying, 'know the Lord, for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."

No comments:

A place to find encouragement to love your little ones, your husbands and those you come in contact with daily. Two does not have to be terrible. These are years to grow not simply get through!