Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Good Morning Jesus


My sweet youngest woke me up early wanting her mama to warm her cold feet. Like me, she gets in bed and promptly takes off her socks at night. Like me, when they are cold, she requires someone to warm them for her. Thus, sweet chubby baby feet on me at four thirty this morning. Feet warmed, she out and I'm wide awake replaying my last months in my mind. I sometimes cannot believe some of what has happened when I think it, so I realize I need to get up and get some time with Jesus.

Sunday Jason announced that at the end of March we will be leaving a place we have served, loved, prayed for and hurt with for the past 7 years. It's hard to comprehend leaving, so I try not to think too often upon it. I know it's in God's good plan, but I struggle with seeing the goodness in it. Here are the places that comforted me this morning.

Jeremiah 32:
They shall be my people, and I will be their God. I will give them one heart and one way, that they may fear me forever, for their own good and the good of their children after them. I will make with them an everlasting covenant, that I will not turn away from doing good to them. And I will put the fear of me in their hearts, that they may not turn from me. I will rejoice in doing them good, and I will plant them in this land in faithfulness, with all my heart and all my soul.

And Psalm37... Loved the entire thing, but will give you the highlights

Fret not yourself because of evildoers; be not envious of wrongdoers! For they will soon fade like the grass and wither like the green herb. Trust in the Lord, and do good; dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness. Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act. He will bring forth your righteousness as the light, and your justice as the noonday. Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way, over the man who carries out evil devices! Refrain from anger, and forsake wrath! Fret not yourself; it tends only to evil.

No comments:

A place to find encouragement to love your little ones, your husbands and those you come in contact with daily. Two does not have to be terrible. These are years to grow not simply get through!