Friday, October 24, 2008

Reality Check Always Needed!

Last week's fears with school proved to be a great reality check for me. This week has proved to be so much better for the entire family. I have been intentional about play, learning, reading, and fun. Yesterday we stayed at CC with other families and played for nearly three hours. I had never thought of putting Lake to bed there and letting the girls play with their friends. I'm a little slow on the uptake.

We also went for a hike, and someone gave me some great ideas as to how to make our history more fun. Ella and I also read an amazing story together....Edward Tulane, oh my, we cried our eyes out. It was really a beautiful story. We were so spent from crying, we decided to call it a day and play. We could hardly even discuss the book we were so broken over the beautiful story.

Friday is always our family day. We work hard, clean a bunch, and have a fun evening of playing as a family. We cook together and plan some activity. I'm not sure what we'll do tonight, but I'm always excited for Friday.

Please pray for Jason. This Monday is his licensure test. It's a killer, and he's been working so hard to prepare. But it covers the entire Bible and the Westminster Confession and theology. His plate is more than full, but I trust he will do well.

1 comment:

Monica Wilkinson said...

I enjoyed Edward Tulane as well - so glad you got to enjoy that and some wonderful play time with others! :)

A place to find encouragement to love your little ones, your husbands and those you come in contact with daily. Two does not have to be terrible. These are years to grow not simply get through!