Friday, October 17, 2008

Any Answers?

My little guy and I are headed to the speech therapist today to have him evaluated. We now know he can hear. Earlier this week I thought he had another ear infection, which he doesn't. Thankfully! Today we are seeing a therapist, and I'm eager to hear what they have to say.
In the past month, he really has been trying new sounds or parts of sounds to describe things. He is still hesitant to parrot anything. When I think I've heard a new word, I try hard to get excited and encourage him to try it again. At which point, he smiles, shakes his head and says, "no." At least he's cute about it.
I'm so eager to hear him speak. We are a house of talkers, and I think I'm afraid he is overpowered by all the chatter. Like my shy middle child, maybe I have a quiet one. Both hard to relate to personally, but certainly so wonderful to love. I certainly have no allusion or hope even that our kids turn out like me. Heck no. It's always just new muscles to learn to flex. Look at that sweet face....wouldn't you want to hear what he had to say? Sorry this is showing up in one big blog...with the picture it puts all my paragraphs together.

No comments:

A place to find encouragement to love your little ones, your husbands and those you come in contact with daily. Two does not have to be terrible. These are years to grow not simply get through!