Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Sick and Excited

Well, another baby, another rich blessing. It has been hard to wrap my mind around having four children to love, but it was always our desire to have a big family. We have just been trying to be in control of when each of these little ones came. It makes me laugh. Just last month Angela, my sister-in-law, told me if you are to have more, you will.

She knows. She was done at three, then she found herself pregnant with twins. If God's grace is sufficient for her, I know it will be for me as well. I was told once that worry is looking at the future with only yourself in it. That trying to imagine how details will work out without the grace that is given to sustain us through our trails is vain. I believe that. I may not be able to figure out the details of all the children, but I know the details will work themselves out with a load of grace to manage. I'm really being broken of my desire to control things. I'm just trying at this point to keep my food down and my words kind.

If you think of it, please pray for my Grandma. I'll be headed home this weekend. She fell and hit her head. They have decided not to do surgery to remove the blood on her brain. I'm headed to the farm on Thursday to spend time with my Grandma and Grandpa.

2 comments:

MotherofFive said...

I have been praying for you and your grandma. Call me on the way-safe travels.

Kathy said...

I'm sorry Kara :)

A place to find encouragement to love your little ones, your husbands and those you come in contact with daily. Two does not have to be terrible. These are years to grow not simply get through!