Friday, September 26, 2008

Ma and Pa

Little House in the Big Woods
By Laura Ingalls Wilder

We started this delightful series this morning with the kids. Now I am no longer momma, I'm ma, and when Jason walked in they screamed, "Pa's home." Ella found her oldest looking dress (from Target) and Harper stuck with her new princess dress given to us from a friend.

The stories are rich, but also very humbling. The girls only had one doll each, and one was made of a corn cob. Oh, the excess of my home. The girls cherished those dolls. And this book for me deepens my desire for a farm. It is something I often pray for with the girls. Not a big farm, but a quiet place with room to run, places for animals and a huge garden. I don't see Jason having any desire to hunt bears. But one never knows. Preacher turned hunter. I've seen stranger things in this town.

Well folks, it's time to check on the crackling's and render the lard. Bless you.

No comments:

A place to find encouragement to love your little ones, your husbands and those you come in contact with daily. Two does not have to be terrible. These are years to grow not simply get through!