Monday, September 1, 2008

Miracle of all miracles

It is hard to wrap my mind around what Moses did as they fled Egypt. It is easy to look at the faith of Moses, but as I study the covenants of God, I realize it is the fierce love of God toward His people that caused the victory. Imagine Moses stretching out his hand to draw back the seas.... His heart must have trembled at the awesome power of God.

I am thankful that I was represented in the passage.

Exodus 14:11-13
"What have you done to us in bringing us out of Egypt? Is not this what we said to you in Egypt, 'Leave us alone that we may serve the Egyptians'? For it would have been better for us to serve the Egyptians than to die in the wilderness."

How many miracles had the people of Israel seen on their behalf, and still they had no faith. I am thankful for the unfailing pursuit of the Lord on behalf of His people. Can you imagine the increase of faith that happened as they passed through the water? I wonder if the wall of water broke their hearts as they passed through? I wonder if they felt compelled to repent of their grumbling, untrusting, faithless hearts?

I would love to have the faith of Moses, but alas, I'm the one who is walking through the water and complaining about being tired of the long days hike. The Lord has provided so much for our family in so many areas of our lives, but I complain about the manna. I do not deserve to be called a child of God, but He has set His unfailing, unchanging, fierce love on me...? I cannot comprehend it, but I certainly am thankful for it.

May the Lord bless you, and may we be quick to repent of our grumbling complaining hearts when His ways are not our ways. I am weary of my lack of faith, but He moves the seas on my behalf to grow and sanctify, even me.

Humbled to be counted today.....Kara

No comments:

A place to find encouragement to love your little ones, your husbands and those you come in contact with daily. Two does not have to be terrible. These are years to grow not simply get through!