Saturday, January 22, 2011

Helpless in Loving

There are moments in life where praying feels like such a comfort, but I struggle with thinking it's enough at times. I just had a call from a family member to tell me of a close family member that has been admitted to the hospital.

I love prayer, I believe in it, and depend deeply on it, but right now, I'm struggling wanting more. I want to be close enough to run up to the hospital, which is, oh, a quick eight hours away. Ugh. I love prayer, but I want prayer and a chat with the on-call doctor and to look in the eyes of the one I love.

I love prayer, I love it, but I tend to be so much more a doer in my faith. This is a great muscle for me to flex, but my love in action is struggling with wanting to load up my car.

Please pray with me, someone I love is in the hospital with heart pain.

No comments:

A place to find encouragement to love your little ones, your husbands and those you come in contact with daily. Two does not have to be terrible. These are years to grow not simply get through!