Monday, January 31, 2011

Treasured

Last night I snuck out to get a few provisions to make a friend a meal. As I was walking through the store, I saw the most beautiful sight. I saw this big huge guy carrying this little baby girl. It wasn't even so much that he was carrying a baby, but how he was carrying her. It was clear the daddy treasured his baby girl. The little girl, all decked out in pink, was sitting in the palm of his hands facing out in a sitting position.

Next to the proud father was an equally proud mama. Their love for their baby was delicious. I felt like a stalker. It seemed that everyone knew them, or maybe it was just that they introduced their baby to everyone. Their was something in that daddy that just melted my heart. His tenderness and pride made him seem seven feet tall to me. I couldn't stop staring. I couldn't stop following them.

I sometimes see pictures like this and feel sad, but last night I felt so grateful. Though I may long for a nearer relationship of tenderness, kindness and love to my father; I have a Father in heaven that certainly does. He walks with me in the palm of His hand, and with great pride says, "she's mine."

It's a good place to be, in the palm of my Fathers hand. May I rest secure there, just as secure as that sweet baby in pink rested. She sat tall in the hands of her father. She knew she could trust him. Why spend a wasted moment in worry when such a good Daddy has me so near to His heart?

No comments:

A place to find encouragement to love your little ones, your husbands and those you come in contact with daily. Two does not have to be terrible. These are years to grow not simply get through!