Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Friend Test

Mark 2

Many were gathered together, so that there was no more room, not even at the door. And he was preaching the word to them. And they came, bringing to him a paralytic carried by four men. And when they could not get near him because of the crowd, they removed the roof above him, and when they had made an opening, they let down the bed on which the paralytic lay. And when Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, "Son, your sins are forgiven."

I read this part of scripture in utter amazement. I love these men. First, I love that they had not discarded the paralytic man, they loved him. They loved him very much. They also knew the power of Jesus. They knew he could heal their hurting friend, with this great effort they were asking Jesus, would you please heal him.

After reading this today, I turned to Jason and asked, do I have these friends? Then I had to ask, am I this friend? Am I someone that knows the unbelievable power, grace and love of Christ to heal, that I would inconvenience myself, work hard, and bring my friend, by whatever means, in the presence of Jesus. The only healer of our souls? I know He can do it, but do I bring the hurting, broken and friendless before Him, and ask, will you please?

I'm the friend that will keep your kids, cook you a meal, tell you if you have lipstick on your teeth, but I want to be this friend. This friend that will bring the truth of Jesus, that will be creative in bringing you to him. The one that will give the loudest cheer when you stand up from your broken, paralytic state when the healer has done His best. I want to be the loudest one rejoicing. It is something great to strive for today! Join me!!

No comments:

A place to find encouragement to love your little ones, your husbands and those you come in contact with daily. Two does not have to be terrible. These are years to grow not simply get through!