Monday, March 7, 2011

Gun Cabinets and Friendship

A friend is a friend that will help you with a hard task. I had two such special ladies come by my house today and help me pack up my kitchen. It has started, we are getting our ducks in a row to move out. This house has been such a lovely blessing to our family. I'm sad in a way, but also excited about the next chapter for our family.

Packing box after box, I realize my over abundance of dishes. I have found myself sentimental in the dish department. I have lovely dishes from my grandmother. They are simple, chipped, and perfect. I use them when I entertain a large group, but they often sit in the cabinet that was once in the red kitchen of my sweet grandmother.

The cabinet is a story in itself. My grandfather had an extensive gun collection. My grandmother had an extensive record collection. When they were robbed, my grandmother had the gun cabinet turned into a cabinet for her crystal. It now holds the beautiful dishes I'm sure she scored at a yard sale.

Though many houses where I now live sport a gun cabinet, few I know are filled with dishes.

No comments:

A place to find encouragement to love your little ones, your husbands and those you come in contact with daily. Two does not have to be terrible. These are years to grow not simply get through!