Saturday, March 5, 2011

Rainy Day Fun Day

We are in the middle of our missions conference. I always look forward to hearing what the Lord is doing around the world. We have had the privilege of hearing Dr. Pratt speak. Last night he gave such a wonderful challenge to our family. To Jason and I, specifically, the challenge was to step out in faith and trust God.

It's a wonderful challenge, necessary, but hard to live. At the end of this month, Jason is leaving his current position, we are moving across town, and we are entering the unknown. It's exciting and scary. It is causing me to grow in my trust for our future.

My control and fear are being exposed. Facing the unknown a little beat up and tired shows you where you have let down your guards. Choosing faith and trust now instead of fear and control will be a daily challenge. One that, I pray, will deepen my dependence on Jesus for my life.

No comments:

A place to find encouragement to love your little ones, your husbands and those you come in contact with daily. Two does not have to be terrible. These are years to grow not simply get through!