Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Historic Day

I don't know how time has passed so quickly, one minute I was in the worst pain in my life, and the next I was a mamma. Now I find myself with the most amazing ten year old daughter. I feel like it was yesterday I met you Ella.

Time has gone quickly, but I have enjoyed every moment of your life. You are so full of sweet grace and kindness. I delight in knowing you, loving you, and being a small part of directing the beautiful heart you have been given. You love Jesus and those around you with such tender kindness, I am often humbled by your love.

A long time ago Jason and I decided to take our children on a trip when they turn 10. The goal of the trip is fun, education, and explanation of expectation. I hope to explain to Ella things that will be coming her way with friendships, her body, and life. I'm excited about sharing with her what things I expect of her as a young lady, and what things I most look forward to with her. I have asked special friends to write her letters. I want other voices in her life. I want her to know she has a much larger community than just this household.

I can hardly wait. As Ella comes home from school today, we are headed to Williamsburg, Virginia. We will be staying with a dear friend, and enjoy

all that Virginia has to offer.

Pictures of the trip soon to come! But not too soon, I want to savor every moment of this time alone with my firstborn daughter!

No comments:

A place to find encouragement to love your little ones, your husbands and those you come in contact with daily. Two does not have to be terrible. These are years to grow not simply get through!