Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Best Today!!

Jason and I spend a lot of time talking about how much we live our lives on the threshold waiting to pass through to the next season of our lives. As we have waited here, we have managed to have four amazing children, enjoy the company of many, and seek to know Jesus. What I'm learning about this perception of the threshold is the lie in which it holds.

It is the constant temptation to think... With XYZ complete (namely seminary), then our lives will somehow begin. Faithfulness to today is the challenge, right? It is for me. I have made an idol out of tomorrow.

Tomorrow I'll clean out my endless junk drawers
Tomorrow I'll really teach my kids about money
Tomorrow I'll maybe understand our budget
Tomorrow we'll know where it is we are to serve
Tomorrow I'll start training for a 5k
Tomorrow I'll read more books to the kids

So today, this day, this very day... I will giggle with my girls, wrestle my son, do phonics with my second born, take my oldest out for her birthday dinner, chew on the thighs of my chubby baby, kiss my husband without stopping, clean out my freezer, and find a new recipe. Today I'm mom, and I want to be the best mom I can be today.

No comments:

A place to find encouragement to love your little ones, your husbands and those you come in contact with daily. Two does not have to be terrible. These are years to grow not simply get through!