Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Hanging in....

Okay, I couldn't let that last post stay my top post for too much longer. I'm feeling much better and the kids are on the mend. We've much to be thankful for even in our time of stress. The kids are currently playing sweetly together and Lake is absolutely fascinated with the Christmas tree. It's a fun time of year.

Something about this time of year causes me to feel extremely inadequate as a super mom. I look at all the amazing things you all are doing with your families and I feel very simple in my Christmas practices. I woke up this morning and asked Jason what I was supposed to do today with the kids? He didn't understand the question.

Nonetheless, my spritz cookies were a bomb yesterday....except for Lake eating all the batter every time I turned my head. It wasn't even that good. They wouldn't go through the tube, and I just cut them off and made a sort of short bread out of them. It's just okay. So today, before we go to speech therapy with Lake I'm going to go to the craft store to get some scrapbook paper to make some decorative cones. Who knows, maybe attempt two may be a success.

Well, sweet reader. My heart is much lighter. We are healthy and enjoying one another. Thank you for your love and concern. Merry Christmas.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Good to see you *back* This is a HARD time of year for many reasons and you aren't feeling 100%. Pregnancy is wonderful and amazing and such a blessing BUT it is also makes for a hard year or so with littles. I am praying for you. Try to enjoy this magical time time.

Your cookies sound cool. And the cones sound amazing. I know what you mean though. It is so frustrating to work hard on a baking project and then it is just OK. That feeling I know.

<3 kathy

A place to find encouragement to love your little ones, your husbands and those you come in contact with daily. Two does not have to be terrible. These are years to grow not simply get through!