Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Be still

Psalm 46:10-11 "Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!" The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.
I love waking up and having my coffee in a sleeping house. It is spring break and my children are in no hurry to wake. Twice I have peeked in on my sweet sleeping faces. I have enjoyed time praying, reading scripture, and sharing my fears and concerns with the One who loves me best. Jason is enjoying breakfast with a new friend, and I am enjoying coffee with Jesus.
There is a saying at Village 7, "Communities make big church small." Since we have been here, Jason and I have done a tour of the communities sharing about the church plant. I see how the saying is made true. Any given Sunday, Village 7 has roughly 1,500 people come through their doors. People then meet in smaller communities and build community among fellow believers. Several communities have made us feel very welcome, but we have not had the privilege of staying consistently in one spot.
This Sunday marks the end of our tour of the communities. This Sunday is the first time those interested in the church plant will begin a new community. For the first time since I have been in Colorado Springs, big church will be made small. I am so excited about seeing who the Lord has prompted to come. I am so eager to see the makeup of this community and how we will begin to build community with one another. Certainly, I also have many fears, but in my time this morning the Lord has done much to quiet them. As my children wake one by one, I know what faithfulness today is. I do not need to worry about tomorrow.
At the end of Psalm 48, I inserted Colorado Springs into the song, and it is my song for the church plant... Walk about Zion (Colorado Springs), go around her, number her towers, consider well her ramparts, go through her citadels, that you may tell the next generation that this is God, our God forever and ever. He will guide us forever.

No comments:

A place to find encouragement to love your little ones, your husbands and those you come in contact with daily. Two does not have to be terrible. These are years to grow not simply get through!