Sunday, April 10, 2011

Put a leash on that DOG!!!

Maybe I'm a jerk, but first of all I'm a mama. I have little tots that are somewhat timid around dogs. So when on a hike in a public place with your dog, please put it on a leash. Sure, maybe I have a wrong opinion of pit bulls, but mostly I have a strong opinion about the safety of my children.

And, I know you know how dogs can sense fear. So, though you are not afraid, my children are. Let's all enjoy God's wonderful creation with a leash. Seriously, even your tame little poode or kindly old lab... Put them on a leash!

And when after hours of hiking, I know how much you NEED to have a smoke. Again, I'm a jerk, but I came out for the fresh air, not your second hand smoke. Hike off the trail and do what you must, I understand the cigarette companies have spent a fair bit of money to get you addicted.

Alas, dogs and smoke could not deter my wonderful day with my children! Take a child in the woods and watch their curiousity grow. It's amazing the imagination that will bloom in a couple of hours in the woods. Hiking in the presence of puddles....even better!

No comments:

A place to find encouragement to love your little ones, your husbands and those you come in contact with daily. Two does not have to be terrible. These are years to grow not simply get through!